KM Media Group Limited (we, us, our) is committed to protecting the personal information you entrust us with and respecting your privacy.We make every effort to ensure that your information is processed lawfully and carefully.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Who we are
The Websites are operated by KM Media Group Limited, with registered company number 8528676, and our registered address is:
Sir Thomas Longley Road
Medway City Est
What information do we collect?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Websites, subscribing to newsletters, entering competitions, posting material, raising general enquiries or requesting further services;
- certain information when you report a problem with our Websites or regarding the services provided by us;
- details of any correspondence in the event that you contact us;
- survey information, which is used for research purposes, although you do not have to participate in them; and/or
- details of your visits to our Websites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Whilst you can access the Websites and browse through certain parts of the Websites without disclosing personal information, if you wish to use certain services offered on some of the Websites or obtain certain information made available by us, you may be required to share the above information with us. If you choose not to provide the information and permissions requested, you may not be able to use the service that has been offered or obtain the information you seek.
Additionally, where you have registered and/or logged in to our Websites using social media accounts such as Facebook and Twitter, we may capture certain information in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable service provider.
With regard to each of your visits to our Websites we may also automatically collect technical information about your visit.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
You may choose to opt in to receiving our newsletter via our Websites and/or you may be automatically added to our newsletter subscription when you enter competitions via our Websites. If you subscribe to our newsletter you will receive related newsletters from us via email to your registered email address.
In order to unsubscribe from our newsletter please select the “unsubscribe” option in your welcome email (or any subsequent newsletter emails). Please note this is an automated service and as such we cannot be responsible for any errors which may occur in submitting your unsubscription request. Please use the Contact Us page if you require any assistance with unsubscribing from our newsletter.
Whilst we have implemented certain technical and organisational measures to protect personal information submitted via our Websites from unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss or destruction or damage, unfortunately the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Websites; any transmission is at your own risk.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You must not share your password with anyone.
Use of Personal Information
Information you provide. This information may be used:
- to carry out our obligations arising from the contracts entered into between us and to provide you with information, products and/or the services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other products and/or services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our Websites and/or services;
- to ensure that content from our Websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer (or device); and /or
- for internal record keeping.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by email with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by post or email, only if you have consented to this.
Information collected about you.
This information may be used:
- to administer our Websites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Websites safe and secure; and/or
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Websites about services that may interest you or them.
Information received from other sources.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.This information may be combined with information you give to us and information collected about you. This information, and the combined information, may be used for the purposes set out above and below (depending on the types of information received).
Your information may be shared with selected third parties, including:
- our analytics and search engine providers who assist in the improvement and optimisation of our Websites; and/or
- our business partners or suppliers, for the performance of any contract entered into with you and in order to provide you with our products and/or services.
Your personal information may be disclosed to other third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case your personal data may be disclosed to the prospective buyer or seller of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about our users may be one of the transferred assets;
You are entitled to change, update, amend and delete any personal information that you have provided to us. Please keep in mind that this may mean you are unable to access and use certain services and information provided on the Websites. If you believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please use the Contact Us page.
You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You will usually be informed (before your data is collected) if your data will be used for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by getting in touch via the Contact Us page.
The Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information held about you.
This Cookies Policy applies to the KM Group websites, all branded pages on third party platforms (such as Facebook or YouTube) and applications accessed or used through such websites or third party platforms (our “Sites”), which are operated by or on behalf of KM Media Group Limited (“we”, “us”, “our”).
We want to ensure that you are aware of the information we store on your device(s), so that you can make informed choices using the information below.
1. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a small text file stored by your web browser on your computer or mobile device. Some cookies are essential for our Sites to work and help us provide you with relevant information. They also allow us to recognise your computer (but not specifically who is using it) when you access our Sites and to improve the usability and performance of our Sites.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Sites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Sites, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Sites when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Sites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Sites. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Sites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Sites and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the list below:
Cookie Name: T
Duration: 365 days
Purpose: This is an anonymous cookie used for internal audience analytics.
Cookie Name: S, SV
Purpose: These are session cookies, used to enable login and device detection.
Cookie Name: _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmt, _utmz
Duration: Varies between session and 730 days
Cookie Name: s1
Duration: 1,825 days
Purpose: Comscore provide KM Media Group with analytical information about our visitors. Comscore collect data on the traffic and engagement for our sites. To opt out of ScoreCard Research cookies, visit www.scorecardresearch.com/OptOut.aspx.
2. DO WE USE THIRD PARTY COOKIES?
Certain cookies may be stored on your computer or mobile device during your visit to a KM Group website, which are generated by third parties advertisers. KM Media Group has no control over the storing of such cookies. For more help in controlling these cookies, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com/uk
Local Shared Objects (Flash Cookies). Our Sites also use Adobe Flash Player to display video and audio content. Flash cookies are used to improve user experience, but are not controlled in your web browser in the same way as normal cookies. For information on controlling Flash cookies, please see this page.
3. TURNING OFF AND DELETING COOKIES
If you disable the cookies that we use this may impact your experience while on our Sites.
4. MORE INFORMATION
For more detailed information about cookies please visit www.allaboutcookies.org which provides guidance on how to control cookies.
5. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
6. CONTACT US
Thank you for visiting our Sites.